- Proprietary 3-way geometrically-complex, stone casted dual/hybrid waveguide system
- Available in many custom finishes from piano high gloss to fine woods
- Ultra-wide horizontal sweet-spot with rich detail across a broad area of the listening zone
- Unmatched Horz/Vert Directivity 100 H / 40 V Degree Dispersion, 20Hz to 25 kHz
- 1” HF driver, with an 8” LF geometrically reinforced aluminum cone driver
- Twin 12” LF drivers with ported enclosure delivers solid, ample and tight bass response
- Proprietary Ocean Way active voicing module ensures our famous Ocean Way sound
Ocean Way Audio Monterey, shown with LF driver grill cover.
Monterey incorporates an integrated two-way dual-horn system with a 1” HF and 8” MF drivers, mechanically time-aligned with twin 12” sub-bass drivers per channel. The system delivers accurately-matched and detailed imaging with our unusually wide signature 100×40-degree horizontal and vertical dispersion, yielding a massive sweet-spot across a broad area of the listening environment. The consistency of Monterey’s stereo image, even at the far corners of the room, is due to the highly-consistent directivity response of this unique and powerful speaker system.
Monterey allows the listener to move nearly anywhere in the room and hear the same natural, open and accurate image. Its highly-refined reflex design incorporates our acclaimed midrange and high frequency balanced design. We braced the loudspeaker’s interior, minimizing cabinet flexing and reducing baffle reflection, resulting in minimum low frequency resonance. The cabinet’s sleek, contemporary design beautifully maintains time alignment. The system is driven by twin analog amplifiers.
Our HF driver is encased in ferrofluid, yielding increased power handling capacity and dampening resonance in the dome for a silkier, natural sound. The MF driver is based on a geometrically-reinforced aluminum cone with a vented, cast-aluminum chassis, yielding optimum strength and low compression. Our LF driver delivers tight, accurate bass that you can feel. All component parts for Monterey are chosen through rigorous listening trials.
As with every Ocean Way Audio speaker, Monterey has our signature pinpoint imaging, clear definition, sonic delicacy and shocking dynamics that make it the ideal loudspeaker for everything from a whisper to shattering crescendo. Listen to the thrilling sound qualities of Monterey, and sense the beauty of music.
|Powered:||MF&HF 100-250 watts / LF 350-2500 watts|
|Amplifier:||Two Amplifiers, Bi Amp|
|Driver Configuration:||3-way, compression driven horns/waveguides|
|HF Driver:||1” Fabric Dome / Ferrofluid|
|MF Driver:||8″ Aluminum cone|
|LF Driver:||Twin 12” aluminum cone|
|Passive Crossover:||Between MF&HF|
|Active Crossover:||Between LF&MF|
All specifications subject to change without notice.